Quick Tip: Open Facebook Links In Chrome
Have you ever gotten annoyed trying to open a link from a business or friend’s post in the Facebook app on your phone, only to see it open within Facebook in their “browser”?
You lose the screen you were on in Facebook and also don’t have your normal Chrome or other browser settings available to you on the new website page.
Darn you Facebook!!
Okay, maybe I only get that annoyed, but it was enough for me to solve it and share.
How to Force Facebook to Open Links In Chrome (or your browser of choice)
Written instructions appear below the images.
- Open the Facebook App
- Click the “hamburger icon” menu near the upper right corner
- Scroll down to “Settings & Privacy” and tap the down arrow.
- Tap settings
- Scroll all the way down and tap “Media and Contacts”
- Toggle on the “Links open externally” button.
- Sign in relief as yet another dark digital nightmare has been replaced with sunshine and sweet cotton candy dreams … or something.
Those keen of sight may have noticed the “Videos in News Feed Start With Sound” option in that same “Media and Contacts” screen.
So no need to interrupt anymore meetings at work with that auto-play Facebook video.
Your Website is Your 24-7-365 Salesperson
I’ve personally reviewed and analyzed hundreds of business websites in dozens of industries.
Over and over I see business websites making the same mistakes. Website mistakes that cost them customers, sales and income.
I wrote a free step-by-step checklist you can use to improve your website by next week. This is in simple language and these are simple fixes. You can download yours today and help your tireless, works-around-the-clock salesperson do a better job for your business.
Here’s to a prosperous 2019 for you!